International English Olympiad Forum By SOF Olympiad Trainer - Page 445

User Forum

Subject :IEO    Class : Class 6

Ans 1:

Class : Class 6
Length is the abstract noun as the rest of the options are all common nouns.

Ans 2:

Class : Class 3

Ans 3:

Class : Class 9
THANK U SIR FOR THE EXPLANATION

Ans 4:

Class : Class 4
nnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooop!

Ans 5:

Class : Class 7
LENGTH is the correct answer.

Ans 6:

length

Ans 7:

Class : Class 8
length length is something which sow how much it is ,the other options are common nouns

Post Your Answer

Ans 1:

It should be pigs right?

Ans 2:

Friends,it is cattle because drove is the collective noun of animals that move together.Cattle moves together,no?So,a DROVE OF CATTLE

Ans 3:

Even I gave the ans. as pigs, but they r giving it wrong

Ans 4:

it must be pigs

Ans 5:

YOUR ANSWER IS WRONG. A GROUP OF HORSES IS KNOWN AS A TEAM, NOT A DROVE

Ans 6:

I am quite sure that this must be wrong due to logical fallacy. A group of cattle is referred to as a herd of cattle. Drove would not make sense in this context.

Ans 7:

What the heck is everyone doing?

Ans 8:

Sllpast

Ans 9:

Correct Answer is C only, for the ones who are confused with the A option) its piglets not pigs

Ans 10:

Class : Class 3
All I am very sure about is that the answer is not cattle as we say a herd of cattle not drove of cattle . That's for sure .

Ans 11:

Drove or drift is a group of pigsA litter is a group of young pigsA group of hogs is known as a team or passelA sounder is a herd of swineA group of boars is known as a singular.As we can tell "Drove" is for Pigs.MTG has given it wrong.

Ans 12:

Yup u guys r right

Ans 13:

elephants also move together

Ans 14:

SORRY, I GAVE IT AS ELEPHANTS, NOT HORSES

Ans 15:

From where is pigs and elephants coming from bro? Heaven or hell? The options here are lions, hyenas, tigers and dolphins.

Post Your Answer

Ans 1:

Ans 2:

Explanation:future continuous tense does not have any passive.So, D is the correct answer.

Ans 3:

Ans 4:

pls explain

Ans 5:

Ans 6:

Ans 7: (Master Answer)

Class : Class 1
The correct answer is D. The correct answer would be The children will watch a movie.

Ans 8:

The correct answer is D as the correct passive voice will be :A movie will be being watched by the children.I know it may sound incorrect but from what I searched the correct sentence is this.It may be incorrect as many sentences in the future continuous tense cannot be converted into passive voice

Post Your Answer

Ans 1:

Ans 2:

The answer should be 'colder' as the sentence " I remember the days when winter used to be cold" is like saying that winter isn't cold now, which does NOT make sense as winter is definitely cold now.Option 'A' would only make sense if you're an old person and global warming has gone out of hand

Post Your Answer

Subject :IEO    Class : Class 4

Ans 1:

Ans 2:

Class : Class 5
B

Ans 3:

Ans 4:

The answer is [B].

Post Your Answer

Ans 1:

they wrote president in CAPITAL to fool us but however the answer is common noun

Ans 2:

it should be proper noun as President is in capital letter.

Ans 3: (Master Answer)

The correct answer is B.

Ans 4:

Ans 5:

no its a

Ans 6:

Ans 7:

Class : Class 2
The word 'President' is in capital letters and is not a common noun as per the rules of Capitalization. Also here it is talking about a special person the 1st President of India..Please explain why the answer is not Proper Noun and how is it common noun..

Ans 8:

Ans 9:

It should be option a

Ans 10:

@Anirudh Bhatterjee- If president is in any form like President or president both are the same things. Laranya Thanks Laranya

Ans 11:

Dr Rajendra Prasad was the first President of India. The word 'President' is in capital letters and is not a common noun as per the rules of Capitalization. However, the answers show it as Common Noun. Please explain.

Ans 12:

The correct answer is b

Post Your Answer

Ans 1:

Ans 2: (Master Answer)

The correct answer is D. B would have been the correct answer if the object of comparison was a singular entity. Here, we are talking about the roads which are plural.

Post Your Answer

Subject :IEO    Class : Class 5

Post Your Answer

Subject :IEO    Class : Class 5

Complete the following letter with suitable conjunctions :
Dear Seema,
I wrote a letter to you last week ____ without any response from your side. ____, I am a bit worried. I thought you are ____ ill or busy with your studies, ____ I am writing this letter. ____ there is any other problem, share it with me. ____ I am going to tell you an interesting incident. Yesterday, ____ I was going to school, I saw a beggar who was pretending to be blind ___?___ in reality he was not. A man gave him a base coin, ____ he returned him the same coin, requesting him not to cheat him even ____ he was 'blind'.More on meeting.
Yours sincerely,
Anita

A if
B yet
C than
D but

I feel D is correct answer. Many answers for the passage is wrong as per answer key. Can someone respond about it

Ans 1:

you use yeti when we say an incident which was good or bad took place but despite that something.........ans key is D

Ans 2:

answer is d

Ans 3:

these are really very confusing

Ans 4:

ans should be D

Ans 5:

Yes

Ans 6:

Answer D is correct

Ans 7:

answer is but..d is correct

Ans 8: (Master Answer)

Ans 9:

YET IS CORRECT

Ans 10:

B YET

Post Your Answer

Subject :IEO    Class : Class 8

Read the poem carefully and answer the questions that follow :
When I’m An Old Lady

When I’m an old lady, I’ll live with each kid, And bring so much happiness just as they did. I want to pay back all the joy they’ve provided. Returning each deed. Oh, they’ll be so excited! I’ll write on the walls with reds, whites and blues, And bounce on the furniture wearing my shoes, I’ll drink from the carton and then leave it out. I’ll stuff all the toilets and oh, how they’ll shout. When they’re on the phone and just out of reach, I’ll get into things like sugar and bleach. Oh, they’ll snap their fingers and then shake their head, And when that is done, I’ll hide under the bed. When they cook dinner and call me to eat, I’ll not eat my green beans and salad or meat. I’ll gag on my okra, spill milk on the table, And when they get angry I’ll run if I’m able. I’ll sit close to the T.V., through the channels I’ll click I’ll cross both eyes just to see if they stick I’ll take off my socks and throw one away, And play in the mud till the end of the day. And later in bed, I’ll lay back and sigh, I’ll thank God in prayer and then close my eyes. My kids will look down with a smile slowly creeping. And say with a groan, “She’s so sweet when she’s sleeping!”
–Barbara Hall
Who is the narrator of the poem?

A A young girl
B An old lady
C The grandmother
D None of these

I wrote option d but they say its option c...but the Pom starts by aging when I’m an old lady...so its a mother who is thinking and thus she is the narrator

Ans 1:

If the narrator was a young girl,she wouldn’t have children.The title of the poem is,When I am an old lady.So,she can’t ™t eat an old lady/grandmother either.So,the answers none of the above(The narrator is probably a mother....)

Ans 2:

Class : Class 10
Guys The answer should be A a young girl because the title says that WHEN I AM AN OLD LADY so she is saying that she would do all this nuisance when she is a old lady and then of course it is obvious that right now she is a young girl and all this is just her imagination .But the answer key says that the answer is B an old lady So guys how can an old lady say that when i am an old lady when she IS an old lady?please clear my doubts friends

Ans 3:

confusing question

Ans 4:

it should be a young girl because of the creative imagination and because it is in the future tense,the person is not an old lady

Ans 5:

No, the answer is D. This poem came in the ASSET exam and what they said the right answer was it was by a frustrated mother whom her kids kept annoying and that makes the most sense in context.

Ans 6:

It should be a young girl1)cause of the imagination and creativity2)because of the line”when I’m an old lady”

Ans 7:

it should be a frustrated mother because a young girl does not say these thinks because she might be doing it herself

Ans 8:

If the narrator was a young girl,she wouldn’t have children.The title of the poem is,’When I am an old lady’.So,she can’t eat an old lady/grandmother either.So,the answers none of the above(The narrator is probably a mother....)

Ans 9:

ima confused

Ans 10:

The answer must be D. She can't have been a young girl as not only would she not have kids but also in the first lines of the poems she says she will 'return the deeds'. She also says that she will live with her kids, hence indicating that whatever her kids did to her, she will do it to them WHEN she becomes an old lady. Again, all of this is in future tense so we cannot determine whether she is actually an old lady or if she is literally using future tense. The most apt option will be that we cannot determine her age and it is safe to say that she is a frustrated mother imagining all the things she would do when she becomes an old lady. HENCE OPTION D IS JUSTIFIED AND OPTION B IS NOT CORRECT

Ans 11:

Ans 12: (Master Answer)

The correct answer is B.

Ans 13:

EXACTLYYY!!!!! I was gonna tell that too guys!! answer is b ...totalllyyy agree guyyzz.. @Anora, @Master

Ans 14:

ya YOUNG GIRL

Ans 15:

The name of the poem itself is “When I am an old lady”. So according to that and the first line, the answer is clearly young girl

Ans 16:

The answer is young girl because the title says 'when I am an old lady' which means that the narrator is not yet an old lady and the poetry is in future tense.

Ans 17:

Ans 18:

Ans 19:

The answer must be NONE OF THE ABOVE. The title of the poem "When I'm An Old Lady" clearly states that the narrator cannot be an old lady yet as she says 'when'. She cannot be an young girl because then she wouldn't be having kids.Therefore, she must be an mother with kids.So, the answer is NONE OF THE ABOVE

Ans 20:

it is a young girl because of the creative imagination and because the poem is in the future tense, the narrator cannot be an old lady

Ans 21:

Option a

Post Your Answer